African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa. At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing, and taking initiative and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
About the role: We now have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Delivery Manager at ADC, where the successful candidate will be stepping into the role at an exciting time – driving forward key projects to further our social enterprise impact.
There is a great opportunity here to work closely with the Founder and project team to enable on the ground delivery in Kenya. In our start-up phase we will be looking for a candidate that will bring a strong organisational and planning discipline based on significant experience in project, programme or construction management. You will develop a project competency, that will not only build ADC capacity to deliver projects but develop skills in country. We are looking for someone who can construct pragmatic and delivery orientated plans, motivate and develop a cross functional volunteer team, whilst balancing core governances.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of initiating, delivering, leading and embedding change initiatives, including development sector experience. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the pilot project plans, set up of the project management competency, and supporting of ADC wide projects.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Owner of the pilot plan with 3 phased approach
- Drive detailed planning per phase
- Assemble the team leads for each key deliverable
- Monitor progress
- Identify risks, issues and dependencies
- Ensure resources allocation and check capacity regularly
- Run bi-monthly programme progress meeting with key stakeholders
- Recruit, develop and mentor on-site project managers
- Oversight of tender process and appointment of contractors
- Develop budget for project delivery end to end
- Minimum 5 years in a project manager or programme management role specifically in the development sector
- Project Management qualification
- Tender management experience
- Due diligence and budget management experience
- Local government experience
- Available to volunteer 7 – 10 hours a week.
- Experience in Global South
- Experience with WASH projects
What we offer you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid but rewarding position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities.
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession.
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world, that is changing lives in Africa.
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise.
- We will provide work reference for you.
We look forward to receiving your application.
ADC Recruitment Team
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com