We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer grant writer to join ADC. Reporting to the head of fundraising and partnerships, you will take ownership for finding grant funding opportunities that will help to drive the funding of our current and future projects.
The right candidate will be responsible for preparing proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals. The grant writer will also identify and clarify opportunities and needs, study requests for proposals (RFPs), and attend strategy meetings.
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities
- Write, submit and manage grant applications
- Prepare supporting documents such as budgets and reports
- Maintain a database of grant-making organizations
- Build long-lasting relationships with existing and potential grant funding sources
- Knowledge of grant application process, fundraising resources, and best practices
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Free professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of Grant writing
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We will provide work reference for you